What I will be giving away:
- A 9x12 in Canson Artist Series Illustration book
- A Vivitar Vivicam 5022 camera with a 2GB SD memory card
- A pair of Sony earbuds
- 5 coloured 0.45mm Micron pens
- A black 0.45mm Micron pen
- An ultra fine tipped Sharpie
- A fountain pen
- A small art mannequin
*I might throw in a doodle of your choice too*
To enter all you have to do is like/reblog this post. 1 like and 1 reblog only
You do not need to be following me and I’ll be happy to ship anywhere! All I ask is that you have your ask box open so that I may notify you.
Giveaway ends January 22nd!
Good luck and happy blogging all! uwu <3
I’ll take one paper out of the jar each week and send that person nice messages for the entire week.
I don’t care if this takes me five years to get through, I will do them all. <3
You have until January 7th, 2013 to reblog this ONCE to get your URL written down in Gallifreyan
New Years Bow Giveaway!
All you need to do is reblog this before January 7th, 2013 and I’ll make a bow based on your blog.
When I finish your bow I’ll send you an ask with a picture of it, and I’ll mail it to you once you’ve sent me your mailing address.
Hi there. My name is Vivid, otherwise known by my pen name, L. Holland. Don’t be surprised that you haven’t heard of me: I’m not a published author. But you can help with that, just by reading this.
Early this year I did some inquiries regarding book publishing. I was in the early planning stages of my first novel, and wanted to know how to go about getting my work published once I was finished writing and self-editing. The woman I spoke to told me all about my options: agents, self-publishing, or just sending out my manuscript to every publishing house possible. All of it I had heard before.
However, then she told me what I’m going to talk about right now:
“If you can prove that you have a readership of at least 50, 000, it could work as a great foot in the door for you with most agents/publishing houses.”
At the time 50, 000 seemed like a huge, unreachable number. However, now that I think about it, it can’t be that unattainable.
So here’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to list some of things that feature in my novel, and if they sound at all like the kind of shit you’re into, reblog this post. These include:
- an asexual, non-gendered protagonist
- and the story doesn’t center around their being asexual/non-gendered— it’s about them having an epic adventure
- the story isn’t about romance— it’s mostly about friendship
- people with cool, horrifying and crazy-ass powers + lots of fight scenes
- not just teenagers saving the day: also young adults, adults and older folks
- cats, LOTS and LOTS of CATS. Why? You’ll have to wait to find out.
- includes individuals of all ages, races, body types, genders, and sexualities
- also bad-asses of all ages, races, body types, genders and sexualities!
- Eldritch Abominations/Monsters — do you like teeth and tentacles? Then this is definitely for you!
- ACTION, and also quite a bit of gore. Blood, guts and bones? You betcha.
- (I have also been informed there is much “shipping fun” to be had?)
Also, I aim to address the issues that I outlined in this post. Plus many more.
These days YA books seem to be all about romance, and the importance of being in a relationship. While this is fine, I know that I’m certainly not the only person who is bored with this. I want to be one of the many authors who are seeking to change that. If you would like to help me with my writing, simply reblog this post and share it with your friends/followers. If I can reach 50, 000 I will have a shred of proof that this is something that people want.
Are you an aspiring author who is writing/wants to write a story that breaks away from today’s convention? Then send me a message! Let’s network and get our shit published.
Also, while I’m at it, I am in the market for an artist. If you have magical art skills, are looking for a big project, and any of this sounds right up your alley, send me a message and let’s have a chat.
To sum up, if anything I just mentioned sounds like something you would enjoy reading, reblog this post. You’d be doing me a huge favor. Thank you!
if you ever feel bad about yourself just think at least you’re not a model for spongebob tampons.
There is a giant rubber duck floating in the Thames.
Happy fucking Tuesday everyone